Simple Ways to Improve Air Quality
There are many things that you can personally do to help improve air quality and reduce air pollution. These include:
- Use your car less. Try to walk, cycle or use public transport. Cars are more polluting over short journeys, so aim to reduce these too.
- Reduce emissions from your car by ensuring it is regularly serviced and well maintained. Only carry the weight you need and drive in a gentle, steady way.
- Consider purchasing an electric vehicle.
- If buying a traditional fuel vehicle, consider the most fuel-efficient petrol vehicle. Use cleaner alternative fuels where possible.
- Car share to reduce emissions and save money. Visit Suffolk Car Share's website
- Avoid having bonfires. If you do have a fire, only burn dry garden waste. Avoid burning on days that already have high pollution levels.
- Avoid burning solid fuel. If you do burn solid fuel, make sure the appliance is well maintained and fuel is clean and dry.